Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feels like Spring

Hi everyone! Today I am going to share with you my theme project for GCD Studios. Our assignment this month was to draw inspiration from this photo and to incorporate feathers and silk into our project. When I look at these dresses, the first thought that comes to mind is spring. I drew my inspiration from the yellow, green, and pink dress. My feather inspiration was drawn from the green dress. See how her slip fans out? I thought that would look nice as a background piece on my layout. And here is what I created...


Supplies: Paper, Brads: GCD Studios, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Letters: American Crafts,
Punch: Martha Stewart, Mist: Maya Road, Pearls: BasicGrey, Font: Typenoksidi, Other: feather.


Here are a few close-up shots.
All papers and the brads are from the Homespun Chic line. The feather in the background is actually a large plume that you can purchase in the floral section of Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I cut off the top portion and adhered it to the background. The bird looked a little flat after I cut it out of the paper, so I added some dimension to it by cutting out more pieces and pop dotted them up.

I hope that you will be inspired by the inspiration piece like I was. There are so many ideas you can gather from it! If you become inspired, send me a link to your project in your comments. I'd love to see what you create!


Until later!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous!!! I'm INSPIRED!! Great interpretation of the inspiration piece...such a cute lo...looooooove the details and esp. those fanned out feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty girl! Love the 3d paper cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable and sweet. Love how you used the feather in such soft and subtle way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is adorable!!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome layout! Great colourchoice!
    /Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! That layout is stunning. The feather is such a great touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful..you rocked the feather challenge girl! cherry

    ReplyDelete