Saturday, May 8, 2010

In the Blink of an Eye

Sometimes when I am creating a layout, I do not have the perfect flower on hand. Either the color is not right or the size is too small. Instead of running to the store to buy the right kind of flower, I like to create one with the supplies I have on hand. Today I am going to show you a super simple flower that you can make with a felt border strip, crocheted flowers, and a brad.

First you will need to take your border strip and cut out 2 sections.

Next you will to place the 2 sections on top of each other as shown below.

Choose one of the crocheted flowers, place it on top of your sectioned border strip, then fasten it all together with your brad.

And just like that you have a quick, one of a kind flower for your layout.

I used the flower as an embellisment on this layout. It was super easy, quick to assemble, and just the perfect touch for my layout. Have fun creating flowers with your felt borders. Link me up with your creations. I'd love to see them!

Supplies: Paper, Felt, Crocheted Flower, Brad: GCD Studios, Alphabet: BasicGrey,
Leaves: Prima Marketing, Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts, Floss: DMC.

Until later!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This layout could not be cuter!!! LOVE it in every way! Those flowers made with the felt borders are genius! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! LOVE your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...I love that flower! Brilliant idea! BEAUTIFUL layout:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout!

    Oh this is a great idea!!! Now I'm looking for a decorative border to cut up! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete