Monday, June 14, 2010

Blue on Blue

Hello everyone! This month the G.C.D. Facebook gals where inspired by ties. What inspired me about this theme were the tone on tone colors on the guy's shirt versus his tie. The first thing that came to mind was to create a monotonous layout featuring the beautiful color blue. I love this color! It makes me think of blue skies and happy days.



Not only did I want to concentrate on the color blue, but I wanted to add a lot of texture to the layout since ties come in all different fabric types. I add handstitching, layered paper, punched paper, pearl swirls, and a crocheted flower.


Here are a couple of detailed shots.


Supplies: Paper, frame, flower: G.C.D Studios, Envelope: Maya Road, Stamp: Studio Calico, Lace, Swirl: Prima Marketing, Punch: EK Success, Mist: Maya Road, Pen: Martha Stewart Crafts.

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions on how I created this layout, write it in the comment section. I'd be more than happy to answer it!

Until later!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love this Diana! Hope you don't mind but I scraplifted your Lovie LO and am posting your LO and mine on Noel's blog tomorrow! : )

    ReplyDelete