Thursday, July 8, 2010

Grunge Time with G.C.D. Studios

July is the month of fireworks, BBQs, family, and much more. When I think of July, one of the first things that comes to my mind are the outdoor concerts that are held for the military at various bases around the country. I have only had the opportunity to attend one such concert but that was a long time ago when I was a teenager. However, I did recently get the chance to attend a concert in the city with some friends. I had a blast and even remembered to take pictures! Camera phones sure do come in handy at times like these!

Today I am going to show you how to grunge up your title a bit. You can actually do this technique with any chipboard that you have previously painted. In this case, the letters I chose were just too bright for my layout. First I placed my letters on a piece of wax paper. This keeps them from sticking while I work on them.


Grab a nail file or a piece of sandpaper and lightly sand off some of the paint.


Chose a corresponding mist color and spray one or two light coats. Once the mist dries, peel off your letters from the wax paper and put it on your layout.



That’s pretty much it. A very quick and simple technique that I am sure you will enjoy.






Here is a closeup of the little flower I made with the Artsy Urban by Melody Ross Red Floral paper and a little bit of charcoal colored ink.


Supplies: Paper: Homespun Chic by Melody Ross Vintage Audrey, Artsy Urban by Melody Ross Red Floral, Artsy Urban by Melody Ross Black Floral, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, brad: G.C.D. Studios, Letters: American Crafts, October Afternoon, Mist: Maya Road, Ink: S.E.I.


Until next time!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh so fabulous!!! LOVIN' your misting and "grunging" up of the title!

    ReplyDelete