Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Dressed Up Doily with GCD

Hi everyone! Today I want to show you a quick and easy way to dress up a plain old doily. First you will need a negative sticker letter sheet. Make sure the sheet is not too sticky otherwise it will tear your doily when you remove it. Make sure to lightly dust your letter sticker sheet with some baby powder then gently press it onto your doily. Once in place, liberally spray several colors of mists. Once you remove your sticker sheet, your doily should now look something like this.


You can either use the doily as is or add a little something else to it. I decided to back my doily with a darker sheet of paper and add another sheet of patterned paper to the front.



To add some texture, handstitch or sew a circle around the inside. Your doily will look something like this when it is completed.




Here is how I used my dressed up doily on my layout.


GCD Supplies: Paper: Vintage Audrey (Homespun Chic), Book Page (Artsy Urban), Flutter (Ava), Collection Pack (Homespun Chic), Die-cut: Homespun Chic, Recipe Card: Homespun Chic

Until later!
Photobucket

1 comment: