Monday, September 6, 2010

GCD Necklace Blog Hop

Welcome to the GCD Studios Necklace Blog Hop! I created my necklace by using the Round Metal Pendant.



Here is what my finished necklace looks like...



I used both the A and B sides of the Petit Garden paper from the Ava collection to create my necklace. I traced my round piece of chipboard on the A side of the paper. Then cut it out, glued it to the chipboard and sanded off the edges. I did the same thing for the heart chipboard except, this go around, I used the B side of the paper and stamped it with a script stamp. For the finishing touches, I applied a layer of diamond glaze to the round and heart pieces. I let them dry overnight and then carefully glued the heart onto my circle. And viola! I now have a super cute simple necklace that I can wear! Just think of all the possible combinations of necklaces you can make with the gorgeous papers from GCD! Love it!

To make things a bit more interesting, how about a prize? GCD Studios is generously holding 10 giveaways! In order to qualify, you will need to go through the blog hop and visit everyone's blogs. Make sure to leave a comment on each blog you visit for a chance to win!

And that is all she wrote! Head on over to Juliana Michaels for the next stop on the GCD Necklace Blog Hop. In case you landed on my blog first and would like to join in on the fun, make sure you start at the GCD Studios Blog and then follow along with the DTs blogs.


Until later!
Photobucket

39 comments:

  1. Waayyy to cute!!! I am thinking Christmas gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have diamond glaze and never used it. I need to dig it out and try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so very pretty! I love that heart and the Diamond Glaze makes it pop beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the round necklace is my favourite. This is beautiful and so very dainty at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the heart and the combo of papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as cute as can be!! LOVE that heart in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous - something I'd totally wear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this so much!! Love the multicolour background with the writing on the heart - just fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the heart on the pendant. so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so freaking cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that it says "loved" absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool necklace Diana... the colors are fresh & that heart is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok, this is very very sweet! love the script on the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun and pretty necklace. I could totally do something like this for my nieces and they would absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your design is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm especially liking the round necklaces like yours because of the scrolly detail. Love how you've used the script stamp on the heart, and the patterned paper adds a touch of modern to the vintage look of the scrolls. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty, pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very creative..love ur paper/color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty. I love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So, so pretty.... TFS ...

    Love, Tracy G

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is sooo pretty...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Diana I love how you stamped the script on the paper.. it just adds that little bit of extra kwim? Definitely a necklace I would wear!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. super pretty!! i'd wear that around, no problem!!! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the glaze, gives it a nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The heart really makes this one! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty.....love the heart touch.

    ReplyDelete