Friday, October 8, 2010

Halloween in a Frame with GCD Studios

Ah Halloween. How do I love thee?

Halloween is one of my absolutely favorite times of the year. The one time of year where you can pretend to be anyone or anything and not have anyone judge you or make fun of you. I just love it!

Around my house, we decorate for Halloween. I have to admit that I have slacked off the past couple of years and have only had time to carve my pumpkins. Not this year! I am already in the works on creating my decorations. Speaking of decorations, I created a framed picture to hang over my fireplace. It turned out exactly like I hoped. The border on top extends across the whole frame. Unfortunately when I took the picture, the lighting came all wonky across the glass.



I used several different GCD papers(Ella Blue's Georgia and Ashley, Lydia's Sunny Brocade, and Homespun Chic's Vintage Audrey. The orange paper (B side of Sunny Brocade) looked too plain for my project so I splattered a bit of black paint on it. The bat, letters, and chandelier were created with my Silhouette Die Cutting machine.

What Halloween decorations do you plan on making? I am thinking of making a bat garland next.

Happy creating!

Photobucket

2 comments: