Friday, June 17, 2011

Go Bold with GCD Studios

Today I would like to share my take on our "Go Bold with Patterned Paper" theme this month. If you are like me, some patterned papers may scare you just a little bit. I conquer my fear of bold patterned paper buy using small amounts of it on my layouts. Today I am going to over how I did exactly this with my "Beautiful Soul" layout.

Supplies: Paper: Funhouse, Antiquities, Border Sticker: Funhouse Candy Lace, Transparency: Soul Food Transparent Shapes,Word Sticker: Soul Food Word Stickers.

The striped background is actually the inner portion of the Main Attraction paper from Funhouse. By removing the "curtains" from this paper, it allowed me to create a unique shape for my background as well as add a nice bold pattern. To create the wings behind the picture, I cut out the wings from the One Sheet Wonderful paper from Antiquities. Then I added some Chipart stars that I painted with white crackle paint, some hand-stitching, and one of the border stickers to finish off my layout. There you have it. A simple use for bold patterened paper. Have an awesome day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is soooooo FANTABULOUS! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I am linking this up on Practical Scrappers today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the wings :).

    ReplyDelete