Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Time to Heat Up the Kitchen!

I love this time of year. I am not a big fan of being outside in the cold but I do love to spend my time in the kitchen baking all sorts of goodies. I have already started baking some of my German Christmas treats that I only make during the November and December months. After that, the recipes go back in my book until next year. First up are some of my favorite recipes that I have from my Oma. I always look forward to making these goodies first! My absolute favorite is the Christstollen. It's the German version of a fruit cake but it is nothing like the American one. It tastes heavenly with a cup of coffee or tea.


Next up are the Elisen Lebkuchen. I also discovered a new recipe last year of these that I will be making in the next week or two.


This year I plan on making a mini album with all my Christmas baking recipes so expect to see lots more tantalizing photos of sweet treats in the near future!


Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket

1 comment: