Thursday, August 16, 2012

Camera Shy No More

I used to hate the camera when I was a kid. I would pretty much run and hide when someone came around with one. I thought I looked silly in pictures. It was rare that I saw a picture of me that I liked.

Fast forward to 20 years later. Now that I am older and have kids of my own, I regret that I don't have many pictures of myself to show my girls. I know there will come a day where they will be curious as to what mommy looked like as a kid. Luckily, I have at least a handful of pictures I can share with them, but I could have had lots more.

That brings me to today. Now I take pictures when I can. I am mainly the one taking pictures but I make sure to include myself in some of them as well. I recently did a layout for Scrapbooking from the Inside Out on this exact subject.


I encourage you to do the same. Take pictures of yourself. You may not like them today but I bet you will years from now when you are looking back at your younger self.

Happy creating!
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment