Monday, August 6, 2012

Escape Via Sewing

Have you hopped on over to Scrapbooking from the Inside Out this week? Well if you haven't, take a moment and do so. The new kit is for sale and it's a nice one! This month's theme is Escape. What does escape mean for you? For me it means to escape work, my kids, to just have some quiet me time.

Lately my quiet me time has been in the evenings once my kids go to bed. The hum of the sewing machine has been a nice way to end my day. I haven't really sewn much since high school and I still have much to learn, but never the less, it has been a great way to enjoy my evenings. Here is a layout I did on this subject with the Escape kit from Scrapbooking from the Inside Out.


Here is a close up shot of the layout.


Do you see the yellow fabric I am sewing in the picture? Well it's one of my DragonCon costume that I happen to have finished yesterday! I am so happy how it turned out! This is my first time making a complete costume from just patterns and fabric. The corset in this costume is my second one ever! The first one I ever made is for another costume that I hope to show you soon. I have not completed it just yet.

Without further ado, here is my version of a Steampunk Snow White! The only thing missing from this costume is the red hair bow and a nice Victorian necklace. Oh and a better hair do! LOL!


Here is the back view of the bustle dress.


Happy creating!
 Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Your dress is gorgeous and the layout too!

    LG,

    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great layout!_
    And I totally love your costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the costume. Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty layout, love the soft tones!
    Your dress is FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo, girl that's gorgeous! and love the CAS style of your layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! how absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete