Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Difficult Journey

It's October! That means pumpkin carving, costume making, parties, and trick or treating! It is one of my favorite months of the year! Since it's a new month, it also means that there is a new kit from Scrapbooking from the Inside Out! Yay! This month's theme is journey.

One of the journeys I documented was about my weight. I have struggled with it over the past several years. I made great strides 3 years ago. I was 210 lbs. It took me two years but I managed to lose 37lbs. It was a lot of hard work and I was so proud of myself for losing all that weight. I actually felt good about my body for once. As all things go, we fall back into bad habits. I ended up gaining back 11 of those pounds in a year's time. Not good. Not good AT ALL! I am scared I am going to get back to the weight I once was at. Never again! I do not want that! I want to be healthy not just for myself but for my kids. I want to be here for them so it's time for a change.

 I am cooking healthy meals and starting up exercising again. To make it fun, I downloaded the Map My Walk app for my phone. The girls love it! We go for walks right after work and they love to see our route, how far we walked, and how many calories we burned. The plan is to walk until it gets too cold outside. Once that happens, we will have to start the exercising DVDs. I documented this journey of mine so I don't forget it and to not lose hope.


Happy creating!
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment