Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New Adventures

One of the big adventurous I embarked on this year was to make a corset. Or in my case, I made two! I have always loved corsets and a friend of mine said I should make one of my own. They are not very complicated. They are just very time consuming. I was up for the challenge.

At first, I didn't think I was going to be able to create one on my own. I read the instructions and researched various corsetry sites in order to familiarize myself with the sewing processes. The first corset I made was very frustrating. I made a lot of mistakes but in the end, it turned out great even with its little flaws. The second corset was much easier to make and looked awesome! I figured out the correct way to stitch and it made all the difference!

 My corsetry journey was a fun one. I am so very happy I embarked on it. It is something I will definitely do again in the future. After all, Halloween comes every year and I love to dress up for it!
 

I used the lovely Journey kit from Scrapbooking from the Inside Out to create this layout.


 Happy Creating!
 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Looks AMAZING! I love the colors you chose and the corset looks amazing with the red hair! Love the layers on the page- the little red circles peeking from the bottom are a great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work (sewing and scrapping)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That's fabulous that you were able to create these corset! Definitely a different theme for a page but the page design works well with your two creations :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete