Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Stitch Fix #1

What is Stitch Fix? It is a clothing service that is put together especially for you by a personal stylish. Here is how it works…

After you fill out a questionnaire about your body type, size, likes and dislikes, you will receive an email within about two weeks and can schedule your first “fix.” There is a $20 styling fee that you pay up front but you can use it towards the purchase of an item in your “fix.”

On or before your scheduled delivery date, you will receive 5 items handpicked just for you which you can try on in the privacy of your home. Keep what you want and send back the rest within 3 days in the enclosed prepaid envelope. If you decide to keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount off of your total cost!

Checking out is easy. You head over to the Stitch Fix website and fill out a quick questionnaire on why you liked or disliked the item that was sent to you. Over time, your “fixes” should improve. If you would like to give Stitch Fix a try, you can use my referral link here.

Ok. Now on to my first experience with Stitch Fix….

My box arrived 2 days before my expected arrival date. It was a nice surprise to find this happy mail sitting at my doorstep when I got home from work. My stylist did a great job sticking to the colors I like. Here is what I received in my box… .



 

The first thing I tried on was the heart sweater. I fell in love with it right off the bat and it fit me perfectly!

 

Next I tried the floral shirt. I loved the pattern but, unfortunately, it was too tight on my chest.

 

I tried the dress and suit jacket on together but both were a tad too snug on me.

 

Last up was the sheer shirt. I liked the pattern but I was not in love with the gold studded pocket.

 

Overall, this was a fun experience. I loved that I could take my time trying on the items and matching it with stuff I already own. Plus this girl could use some fashion help! I am not a big fan of shopping for clothes. I usually embark on this adventure maybe twice per year. I prefer to shop for my kids instead. It is just much more fun dressing them than it is me.

Now I just need to wait a few weeks for my next “fix” to arrive.

So what do you think? Is Stitch Fix something you would like?

 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm on the waiting list - I'm psyched to do it so I can try some new things. That heart sweater is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green shirt is super comfy too! I hope that you have as much fun with your Stitch Fix as I did. :)

      Delete