Friday, June 7, 2013

SFTIO Blog Hop

Welcome to the SFTIO Design Team Blog Hop! We are showcasing layouts by the current design team using the June kit TRANSFORMATION. If you are just arriving at my blog, make sure you go to the beginning at Melissa's blog as you won't want to miss out on all the gorgeous inspiration. This hop is special as we say goodbye to some very wonderful ladies, who have been part of the SFTIO family for over a year and will continue to be forever family. We are also saying HELLO to our new TEEN COLLECTIVE.

What is a "Teen Collective"? We are combining the Teen Designers from CreateU with our Design Team at SFTIO. This is a wonderful opportunity to have each of these girls give their perspective of the monthly emotion. Each Teen Designer will be joining us for one month as a Guest Designer but, will be a constant and active "voice" on our website and forum. Ready to begin? 


I had so many ideas for transformation, but one in particular hit home. I created this layout in the wake of all the tornadoes that have been happening in Oklahoma. I live not too far away from the devastation in Moore. A about a week prior to the Moore disaster, we had extremely bad weather hit town. I had a bad feeling that day so I left work a few minutes early. Not too long after getting in my car, the tornado sirens went off. I started to panic. My kids were in two different locations and I frantically tried to figure out how I was going to get them and myself, to a safe location. I was able to get both of my daughters and by then, the skies were pitch dark and the rain started to pour.

Instead of going home, I went straight to my best friend's house to seek shelter. I will be forever grateful to her for that. We all gathered in her storm shelter as the wind rush by and the rain came down in buckets. And just like that, it was over. The skies still looked scary but the threat of tornadoes  had passed. We did have a few funnels that almost hit the ground. One did but only did minor damage to a building. After this, it made me realize what is really important in life and what is only trivial. I am extremely grateful that it was not worse than what it was.


As symbolic elements on my page, I used the white flower and feathers to symbolize a clean slate and how fragile life can be. The mist drops symbolize rain and a sad heart. OK. Enough sad talk for now. Let's move on to something a little more cheerful!

We also have a fabulous prize! Leave a comment below letting me know what transformation means to you or anything else you would like to share by Saturday, 9 p.m. pacific time. Make sure to leave a comment on each blog to increase your chances of winning! The winner will be announced by Monday on Facebook and the SFTIO blog.

Thanks for swinging by! Make sure to visit Scrapbooking from the Inside Out. We have a FREE Inspiration Page giving you loads of ideas using our current emotion, a welcoming forum and you can grab your own kit here

Next on your hopping adventure is Andie.

Happy creating!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. To me transformation is going from one thing to another. transformation itself is neutral because it can be a good or bad change.

    melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a picture. Love that you have the white flower and feather as markers of a clean slate. How neat. Transformation to me means being a better person in big and small areas of my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page and what a picture, so thankful everyone's safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful page and sentiment behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the circles, the splatter and the pearl accents on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Transformation means internal growth and maturity:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Transformation is a change in something. I like your LO and pray for the people of Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Transformation to me is the change from the bad to my life and mind being more positive.

    ReplyDelete